Originally a 1929 neo-gothic hospital, this tower pavilion on the Northwestern Memorial Hospital campus encompassed a 14-story and 12-story building. The former site was recently redeveloped into the new Robert H. Lurie Medical Research Center affiliated with Northwestern University’s Feingold School of Medicine.
Within tight building-dense surroundings, crews demolished two high-rise limestone buildings. Environmental abatement measures included containment and removal of asbestos, lead, mercury, CFCs, glycol, hydraulic oils and other bio-hazardous materials. Following removal, existing soil was decontaminated, and the site was remediated. Additionally, architectural items were salvaged for eventual reuse